Competence centres for HR development
Through the assistance of the European Social Fund and the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, companies doing business within the industry were joined in cooperation projects with the purpose of common development of employee competences.
They got the opportunity to determine the key positions of employment and the desired competences as well as to train employees depending on the requirements and the highlighted deficits, which are shown by the competence model that serves as the basis for the formulation of a training plan.
The main objectives of competence centre projects:
- strategic HR development, higher level of employee and manager qualifications,
- collaboration of enterprises, circulation of knowledge and synergies,
- definition and implementation of crucial training and
- excellent experience for the participants.
Important achievements for the period 2010-2015:
- 19 industries supported,
- co-operation of 300 companies,
- more than 14.000 employees included in trainings,
- more than EUR 7.000.000 invested.
In the future training programmes will build, improve and strengthen those competences that individuals need now and will need in the future at the workplace and for delivering the respective tasks in light of technological advances, nature of work and labour market needs, particularly in emerging areas that will contribute to stepping up economic competitiveness (in line with the Smart Specialisation Strategy).